3/28/11

We are who we are.

Now lets start by discussing my acute hatred for the city of Boston. I once refused to eat a boston cream donut only because of the name. I'm not proud of my hatred, but my allegiance to the Steelers has created a monster that like miley cyrus can not be tamed.
With that being said, it would be an understatement to say it would be next to impossible to get me to voluntarily purchase a plane ticket there. Insert 5 of my best friends from Semester At Sea. An epic reunion three years in the making... Three years.... how is it possible we haven't seen each other since May 8th, 2008? Coretta (far left) came from Denver started the whole reunion. She bought a ticket to visit Jizzabelle, tagged us all in her facey status, and we each followed suit. Jocilyn came from LA, she probably overpaid for her plane ticket, but lets be honest... it was worth it. Vanessa, originally from cali, has lived about an hour from here for a few years, came on Saturday morning. Izzy, the native, was nice enough to offer her house to us. And last but not least, Davis bussed it (ten hours each way) from DC. Not even my post will be able to explain the amount of fun I had, and how much I laughed this weekend.

on our way to the waterfront.




Quincy Market, a hot spot for tourists in Boston.


Although touristy, it was kinda cool to walk through. It kinda reminded me of a place i used to frequent in Baltimore.

I was in love with the ceiling in the middle of the market.



a brief moment outside with very few tourist.

don't let the sunshine fool you... as jocilyn (warm blooded californian) will tell you, it was freaking cold.

Baahh-sten harbor.

although the next group of pictures are similar, i like them all for a different reason.

add jizzy.

add Davis.

Add Morning Juice.



man, i'll miss these guys.





vanessa- chasing a sea gull that was annoying us with his territorial calls.


A little sun bathing.

booooo Coretta.






then add me.

this is the fence around Boston commons.

not one picture with all of us together.... isn't that a shame.

Jocilyn was on her way home.



lol.

my favorite. wish davis were in it too.

and i say goodbye to the love of my life.

lol this picture is almost awkward.

LOVE this one.

If it takes us another 3 years to get together again, i'll be the saddest girl ever. Best trip to the third worst city in the world. (o:

14 comments:

Christina Montemurro said...

That is some serious hatred of a place with a lovely ceiling, and even a nice fence. Glad you can see past it for your friends.

randivoss said...

You really drew me into this blog post with your opening sentence. I know your friends are happy that you overcame your hatred temporarily to see them. I love these photos and I'm so happy that you had a great time. My favorite photo is the first one of Coretta and Davis sunbathing. I love you!

gasfairypb said...

Nice photo's.I think there of bronze quality.

gasfairypb said...

Other than Cleveland would Baltimore be the other of the three?

Nicki said...

That's why I love you dad. You know my least favorite cities. Based mainly on my hatred of sports teams. Thanks ladies!! I love photography attention from photographers. (o:

gasfairypb said...

I'll be leaving town for 6 day's........I guess this would be a perfect time to post.I know,let it go. love dad

gasfairypb said...

Thought that there would be a Birth-day present here ,today.

gasfairypb said...

Five of the 8 post are from me.You need to get new friends (Not necessary) or Post more often.Just checking.

gasfairypb said...

Happy Anniversary...... months to the day since your last post.

gasfairypb said...

Fifteen days till your next anniversary.

gasfairypb said...

It was nine months ago today Sargent Nicki taught the band how to play.She been traveling for quite a while but from this end there are no smiles....

gasfairypb said...

Which has better odds.Me and Yimmy hitting the Pa cash five lottery today or Nicki posting on the one year two month anniversary. Oh well,I guess Ill still keep playing both.

gasfairypb said...

I know where nicki is,she'sin Ny. Ny.

Izzy said...

Nicki! I just found this post from a link on your FB page! Late to the party but I love this post. Let's do it again soon :)