4/23/08

Hawaii

Well, eventho we only had one day off the boat, I enjoyed every second of it. I didn’t go snorkeling. I didn’t go to Pearl Harbor. I didn’t go skydiving. I didn’t jump off any rocks. I didn’t climb any mountains. All I did was lay on the beach and swim in the pacific ocean. And to be honest, I was perfectly happy with my day. I didn’t bring a beach towel on my trip. So in Puerto Rico, I was thinking about buying one, but I never got around it. Then I went to a little (not touristic) town in brazil and I didn’t go to a beach in south Africa. Then when we started to get to asia, it started getting chilly and we went to less beaches. So when we got to Hawaii, I just decided it was too late in my trip to buy a towel that I was just gonna get rid of before I got home. But it’s moderately funny to me that everytime we go to a beach, I just kinda roll around on my belly in the sand. I get sooo sandy all the time. Like my hair is filled with sand for a couple days. It’s kinda gross, but as long as I don’t get any in my mouth, I’m okay with it. So, needless to say, I am still towel-less and sandy.
Hawaii was beautiful. We were in Honolulu and we went to a beach in Waikiki. To be honest, I have no idea how the islands are set up. I don’t know which ones have active volcanoes on them, and I def don’t know which one ‘the big island’ is. We were only there for like 13 hours, so it doesn’t really matter I guess. Never the less, it is still very beautiful. I think my favorite part is although it is a tropical island- the architecture isn’t pink and teal like it is in most places. In the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and even in Florida there are pink buildings and yellow buildings and stuff. Here, everything is a bold color, never pastel colors. A lot of things look like dark wood and there are lots of greens and stuff. I like the overall architecture way more here in Hawaii.
We at lunch in Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was super excited to eat here, but when I got my burger it did have lettuce and tomatoes, Heinz 57 and French Fried Potatoes. It even had a slice of onion on it. The only thing missing was a big kosher pickle. So when our waiter came back, I asked him where the pickle was and he said the restaurant had nothing to do with Jimmy Buffet. He actually sued the chain because it’s his song. For some reason, the burger just wasn’t as good as it was when I thought there was a connection between my delicious meal and my favorite song about cheeseburgers.
Well everyone- this blog is only for Poppa Bear, Both Mummas, Rannie, Mark, Kristofer and Brenda. I’m pretty sure I made it very clear that I wanted more emails from not only my fam (who did a very good job) but the people I rarely hear from. I only got emails from the same people who always write to me. Maybe not as many people read my blog as I thought. The only new comer this time was Brenda. (thanks Brenda) I really tried to post pictures this time. the thing is, the internet on the boat is slow, and the connection always times out. i have like 15 pictures that i want to show you all, but they won't post. guess you'll just have to wait three weeks. I’ll be calling people out next time if I don’t get more. I have 11 days on the ocean in the very near future.
On a very very happy note, I have become friends with a guy named André. Yesterday, he had a get together to celebrate the third year in his life that his cancer has been in remission. He is an amazing person who can walk into a room full of strangers and be bffs with everyone 20 minutes later. He kinda reminds me of dad in that way. He is very honest and people seem to relate to him. He’s amazing and is an inspiration to the whole world (I can say that because in less than 3 weeks, I can say I have officially have been around it.). I would like to thank him for staying alive because he has enriched my life by living his own.
Officially 3 days till the 2008 NFL Draft. Please please pick up some offensive linemen. I’m tired of blaming them for our problems. To be honest, I’m more tired of them being our problem. I doubt we’ll take a lineman in the first round but I hope we get some quality guys at some point. I’ll be sad if we don’t walk away with one. With the schedule we have next year, we really need this to be a good draft. Maybe the second best in steelers history. Who could ask for more than 4 hall of famers in one draft? I guess I can at least ask- just not expect it to happen. Maybe Tomlin is the next Noll. Cross your fingers for a good draft!!! I am.
Good luck pens (in a couple days) I’ll be following along and wearing my pens shirt as much as possible. I don’t want to be the smelly kid on the boat, but if that’s what it takes, I’m down to do it. Do me a favor, everytime jagr touches the puck, boo him. Think about how embarrassing he is for tucking that jersey in, and it will be easy to make fun of him. (o:
Now onto 11 days on the boat before we get to Puerto Rico. I can’t believe how fast this trip has gone by. I guess I knew it would fly by, and I was absolutely right. I’ll miss it so much when I get back- yet I can’t wait to step on American soil (mainland soil) I’m so fortunate to be on a trip like this so I’m trying not to wish it away. Instead, I enjoy every day I’m here even if it’s just on the boat.

Love you all! see you in 17 days!!!

33 comments:

mark said...

i'm bad to the bone like skeletor

gasfairypb said...

Nelson Muntz says ah-haa

gasfairypb said...

Mark....Shouldn't you be in school or something like that.

Anonymous said...

i will lock in my bronze medal, then go read the blog.

randivoss said...

No medal for me, I was out having a life. Nicki would want it that way!

Anonymous said...

ypdkwtsf. nw.

gasfairypb said...

rye.....I'm new at this computer stuff.As per your post,it makes me lol out loud.What I could gather,ypdkwtsf.nw.means in computer talk is You People Don't Know What The Sands For.North West.People may not know what that means unless they heard our phone conversation last night about sand.Some times you need to splain things to the posters a little better.signed poppabear

mark said...

you guys are on another level with this sand stuff. anyways how bout them pens, right? ps pb you keep lolol'ing and as per your post, you probably DO know what this stands for. i love freedom and to all you kids old and young alike, drink your GoChi. happy 2008 nfl draft day.

mark said...

i guess young and old sounds better. what ev. FREEDOM!! <---that ones for you ryan voss

gasfairypb said...

Mark....I have to ask what is Go Chi????????? poppabear

randivoss said...

Gochi is what the Pittsburgh Penguins drink before they beat the Rangers.

gasfairypb said...

Randi.....I thought Gochi was a purse that you bought from a street vendor in New York???????

mark said...

www.freelife.com

gasfairypb said...

Mark.....Thanks for the info.I feel smarter just by reading the web site without even trying the product.Nicki.........The Steelers picked a RB,WR,OLB,OT,QB,LB,FS,..poppabear.

randivoss said...

Ryan and I bought a house today. Now all we have to do is wait until 2038 when we own it. 9 days until Nicki
peace out

Anonymous said...

Poppabear, I sent Nicki an invitation to Keagan's birthday party to your house just in case for some strange reason she doesn't get the one I sent to Costa Rica. It's actually for your whole family... but it's the same day as Nicki's grad party :( Just wanted to let you know that it is for all of you, so feel free to open it and see how freaking cute the invitation is! lol.

Ps. I miss your daughter, she keeps me sane :)

mark said...

i just thought you guys should know that nicki didnt eat dessert the other day after dinner because it was called 'Boston Bream Pie', ahahahaha. that girl is full of steeler pride through and through. i love it.

mark said...

Cream*

gasfairypb said...

mark.....What would happen if the menu had Philly Cheese Steaks,Chicago deep dish pizza,New Orleans Gumbo,Texas Chili, Seattle latte???? I don't know if she would make the exception because it's N.F.C.

randivoss said...

Well I know she'd skip the Philly cheesesteaks because of those Philthy Phlyers.

gasfairypb said...

Everyone.......Six days to nicki,nicki,nicki,nicki.poppabear

randivoss said...

I think I found another spelling error on the blog. It says "gasfairypb" but I think he meant "grassfairypb." This man cuts grass too!!

gasfairypb said...

how embarising.....I hate to cut my owne grass and now the world knows that I cut grass for my son in law and my daughter.Would you buy that I found the lawn mower on my truck by accident,It must be true love.

gasfairypb said...

I have had the honor to work on ryan&randi's house for the past 5 days.The demo is nearly completed.The only bad thing is that when I take a shower at night,it becomes a three step process.The first shampoo is black on the rinse.The second shampoo is grey and the third is white .It really sucks to be the demo-man but i love it. signed poppabear.

Anonymous said...

MISSING: one, size 11, white reebok classic tennis shoe.

LAST SEEN: November 2006. 2nd avenue Hazelwood, PA.

If you have any information regarding this missing shoe please contact me via this blog. Thank you.

gasfairypb said...

Anonoymous......If you want help,you'll have to be more specific.Was it the right shoe or the left shoe.On second ave. near big Jim's end or near the Glenn-Hazelwood bridge? High tops or Low cuts.Work shoes or steppin out shoes???? so many questions ,so little information.signed poppabear.

gasfairypb said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo day.....Randi,Ryan,Justin,Nicki,Mummabear,and Poppabear.Do you know where you were one year ago today.

Anonymous said...

Man I have been out of the game for too long! Let me be the first to spoil all your fun and break it to you that nicki loves filly cheesesteaks. in fact i have a picture of me and her eating one together! and to answer your question pb... i know where you guys were... on that cruise! I have a picture of nicki on that boat right next to my computer! oh yeah papabear... are you ready for our surprise for nicki?! wink wink

Anonymous said...

and what is this demolition project you speak of!? I like going into a house and breaking shit. maybe i can help?! signed kristofer.

mark said...

yea she might have eaten that philthy philly cheeseteak then but now that the pens are playin philly in the playoffs, she'd probably like to spike that philly cheesesteak right off the ground. i wont speculate any further, i'll just test my hypothesis friday night.

gasfairypb said...

kristofer....Randi & Ryan bought a house in Aspenwall.They closed on Wendsey at 1o;30 and we had a picnic lunch at thier new house.By 11:00 we had holes in the walls and by 12:30 the kitchen cabinets were down.You are more than welcome to help and I don't want to rain on your parade but we are talking about a controlled demolition.Sorry about that.Even in a controled demolition you still get to break shit so maybe you would be intrested.4 days to nicki,nicki,nicki.signed poppabear.

Anonymous said...

Rich,
You know full well that i have a specialized tool for demolition. It has only been used twice, inappropriately at best. If you would have told me, I could have taken it out of its double insulated triple locked case and lent it to you to unleash some fury. The Fubar in the right hands would have easily cut the work in half.

gasfairypb said...

Rye....Bad enough that I can't move the fingers on my right hand for the past 5 days because of a regular frameing hammer.Imagine the damage the Fubar would have done to me.The blog would be calling me lefty. signed poppabear